In the wake of Typhoon Haiyan, faithful workers are positioned and responding.
To donate to the Southern Baptist disaster relief efforts click here
- For God to sustain people in need as they await relief
- For wisdom for the Filipino Baptist Global Response workers and their IMB partners as they assess the most-critical needs of the area
- For people around the world to respond generously to these life-changing needs
- For the Waray Waray people, who the Millers serve
- That the Lord would guide the Millers’ next steps and give direction on where He wants them to go
- For the Millers’ family in the U.S.
- For strength for those who are still stranded, low on food and water, and are feeling helpless.
- That roads and communication would be restored so BGR teams can bring aid relief to the islands of Leyte and Samar.
- For the volunteers who are coming and that they would fit well into what needs to be done.
- For wisdom as IMB missionaries work to coordinate these efforts.
- For safety as IMB missionaries and Filipino believers travel to disaster areas.
- For wisdom as they make plans for bringing disaster relief.
- For opportunities for IMB missionaries and national believers to share their faith.
- For the thousands who are grieving the loss of loved ones.
- For people living along the coastlines. Storm surges threaten their homes.
- For opportunities for IMB missionaries to share about God’s purposes.
- That this would be an opportunity to really minister to those affected. IMB missionaries’ No. 1 prayer request has been “that God would bring good out of great bad here.”