101 C.L.A.S.S. is a good place to ask questions and to find out more about Crosspoint. We’d love to have you attend! If you need childcare, we will need to know in advance.
This class is the basic introduction to our church family and is taught by Pastor Sam. There is no obligation to become a member, just come check us out. We’ll give you something to eat and we’ll look at four things that unite us as a church family:
• Our Strategy (How we fulfill our purpose)
• Our Structure (When and where we fulfill our purpose)
• Our Statement (Why we exist as a church)
• Our Salvation (What God has done for us)
Class 101 is required for church membership and for most ministry positions.
About Church Membership
The difference between “attenders” and “members” can be summed up in one word: Commitment
At CROSSPOINT we recognize the need for a formal membership. We ask you to commit to membership for four reasons:
1. A Biblical Reason: Christ is committed to the church
“…Christ loved the church, and he gave his life for it.” Ephesians 5:25
2. A Cultural Reason: Commitment always builds character.
We live in an age where very few want to be committed to anything…a job…a marriage…our country. This attitude has even produced a generation of “church shoppers and hoppers”. Membership swims against the current of America’s “consumer religion.” It is an unselfish decision.
3. A Practical Reason: It defines who can be counted on.
Every team must have a roster. Every school must have an enrollment. Every business has a payroll. Every army has an enlistment. Even our country takes a census and requires voter registration. Membership identifies our family.
4. A Personal Reason: It produces spiritual growth
The New Testament places a major emphasis on the need for Christians to be accountable to each other for spiritual growth. You cannot be accountable when you’re not committed to any specific church family.