“God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
John 4:24 NKJV
I. What would Jesus say?
A. Living for comfortable. (Luke 12:16-21).
A living God requires more than languid believers.
- Not called to comfort? (Matthew 8:18-22).
Comfort can be a barometer to spiritual vitality.
- Sleeping on the job. (Matthew 26:36-46).
Let’s wake up church!
- A. Not About Me. (Romans 8:1-11)
True worship begins where self-centeredness ends.
- Worshipping in spirit and in truth. (John 4:21-26)
The opposite of prioritizing the flesh and going through the motions.
- It’s all about Him? (Philippians 3:1-11)
III. The sacrifice of praise.
A. Animal sacrifice is no longer necessary, but… (Hebrews 13:7-16)
There is still an element of sacrifice involved in offering praise.
- It’s all for Him. (Genesis 22:1-19)
Offering God the sacrifice of praise requires letting go.
- The heart of worship. (Job 1:13-21)
Download Heart of Worship Audio